Re: [pct-l] GPS Data

I share your thoughts on the GPS (however I did return mine to the mfg
after doing a 100 miles section on the PCT) - it did interfere and I would
rather be totally lost for a few hours than do the GPS again..I started
worrying so much about the GPS care and feeding that I lost a lot of
my commune w/nature. (Maybe becasue I know I only bought it for
the 30-day free trial and I had to get it back in "saleable  condition"..
anyway- my quesiton Ken- how did you handle the battery logistics
over a long trip? My magellan needed a set after 12 hours of use which
I could spread over 4-5 days.

Rich

At 10:49 PM -0800 10/5/00, kenandeb@sover.net wrote:
>I recently completed a hike along the PCT between the Three Sisters in
>Oregon and Snowqualmie Pass, Washington, about 400 miles. I carried a GPS
>that collected track data at 10 minute intervals(2048 points) and recorded
>several hundred averaged way points at trail intersections and notable
>points along th...

<snip>