[pct-l] PCT Tape and Gathering this weekend

 Had a good time at the West Gathering this weekend. Many old hikers and
current ones as well. Got to show my "Trail of Death tape" in a side room
with a small" bad" TV and VCR which made my homemade tape look a little
worse. Tape is as Home made as it gets" Blair Witch Style" , but as real as
it gets and will make viewer feel their right there. Got to see a great slide
show with music by Steve Queen of all three of his trips along the AT,PCT and
CDT. ( Very Good and hard to beat!!) I brought along one of my homemade
alcohol stoves which shocked and amazed many of the older hikers who have
been out of touch with thru-hiking awhile. Most people who have been around
later day thru-hikers, have seen more of these stoves than they care to say
and hide when I bring them out like a neighbor with a big garden trying to
give away Zucinni  for the 10th  time!!! I have mailed out roughly 30 tapes
in the last few days and still have 10 or so left. I may even mail one to my
new buddy Ray Jardine in return for forgiveness for all the bad words I have
said about ultra-light hiking. (Naaaa, that would be a bit much!!!!!)  After
seeing two AT slide shows, I may set footon the AT inMaine before I hang up
my boots. PS Also got to meet Lindy, a guy who is 60 and did the CDT to top
off his triple crown feat. Maybe there IS hope for me to hike in 20 years
after retirement. Later ,Mad monte