[pct-l] Back Home

On Thursday, September 14 I finished the Pacific Crest Trail with
five other thru-hikers, Molson from Alaska and Lucky from Germany
who I hiked with through Oregon and Washington, Swiss Miss from
you guessed Switzerland, Fallingwater from Portland, and Skylark
from Phoenix who I hiked with through most of Washington. Trailmix
and Ark. Dave I hiked with through all of  Califorina they got a little
ahead and finished on Sept. 12. and Bluefoot I hiked with in Southern
Califorina. is somewhere between Stehekin and Manning, these are just
a few of the people I met on the trail and became good friends with.
I also want to thank Greg Hummel and Monte Dodge for all their help
and surpport, all the trail angels who helped us all out along the trail,
and all the folks who help put together the kick off at Lake Morena.
This is the second time I've hiked the Pacific Crest trail once in '77 and
now '00.
Every aspect of the trail has changed, the people hiking have
become a much more diverse group, as in '77 95 percent of thru-hikers
were male and between 19 and 24 years old, the gear has become so
much lighter from backpacks to alcohol stoves, the help and support
of trail angels and other people along the trail was unbeliveable, and the
Pacific Crest Trail is now complete.
It has now been 10 days since I finished the trail and I really miss the
hiking,
but most I miss all the people I hiked with, and what a change for months
I've hiked with many different people and now I'm at home sitting in front of
computer. (think I would rather be hiking, no I'm sure I would rather be
hiking)
My leave of absence runs out on  Oct. 9 so I have two more weeks to get
reajusted to the so called normal life, not sure I can do it in two weeks,
well,
guess I must till the next time I hike the PCT.

Jeff Z.