[pct-l] The death of heavy metal, etc.

I saw my first Kelty in the early 50's when I went with my Scoutmaster
to Dick Kelty's house in Los Angeles.  In those days Dick custom-made
every frame in his garage and his wife sewed the sack.  I "inherited"
my Scoutmaster's old frame.. a "Trapper Nelson" made of oak and
canvas.

It still gets used for old-times sake once in a while, and it is still
in good shape after more than 50 years.  For some reason though, it
does get more and more difficult to carry.

. . . Kurt