[pct-l] Spectra cloth waterproofing?

I washed my not so white Spectra packs after my last trip.  (I was more
concerned about odors than dirt).  I used a single wash cycle and nothing
but odorless detergent and the packs came out cleaner and definitely softer
(the matereial had been a bit stiff before).  BUT the cloth is no longer
waterproof at all!  It never did look to me  like the Spcetra was coated,
but that it had some kind of chemical treatment on one side.

Does anybody out there know what this stuff is treated with and how to gain
some degree of waterproofing.  I am concerned about using some chemicals on
the kevlar material.

goforthincoolrainyWA