[pct-l] New Pack for Women

>Over to purses...er..packs. I am building a Kelty Cloud like pack for
>women.
>3500 cu-in. Target is less than 2 pounds with stays and hipbelt.

I am still trying to locate a source for the Spectra

1-The Kelty hipbelt does not fit a normal woman's hip very well. The
relatively stiff hipbelt is excellent for a mans straight hips but doesn't
conform to the slant of a womans hips. I am copying the design of a Natural
Balance hip belt for women.
2- The stays in the Kelty are removeable. Mine will not be. They will
provide load lifter connection points well above the shoulders. They will
also provide a way to hang a relatively heavy waterbag inside the pack
against the shoulders.
3-The Kelty uses the expensive spectra material for the top pack, back pack
and side pack, all add-ons. My top pack will be out of the ultralight
material than Glen uses in the GV4 pack. I have no intention of duplicating
the various compartments, dodads and lashpoints on the Kelty Pack,
preferring the simple design I saw on Ron Moak's pack last ADZPCTKO