Re: [pct-l] freeze dried

--- john koch <ironlegs@pacbell.net> wrote:
> does anyone know, when packing a bear canister, is
> it ok to punture a
> freeze dried package to let the air out?
> * From the PCT-L |  Need help?
> http://www.backcountry.net/faq.html  *

My somewhat uneducated and uninformed answer:  You can
probably do so if you use the freeze dried food within
a week or two and KEEP it DRY. I think I'd also reseal
the package with a piece of tape after compressing it.

For a more definitive answer, I suggest you contact
the manufacturer. Of course, to protect themselves,
they may just answer "never, never" or some such.