[pct-l] H20

Hey guys and gals, I have something to share. While reading the Redding,
CA, Record Searchlight last evening I came across an article about the
necessity of water. Well, I am quite certain we all know how important
it is to take in fluids during warm/hot weather but thought I'd share
what the article had to say about the "off" season:

"Backpacking in cool weather requires as much water -3 to 4 quarts a
day- as in hot weather, because fall and winter air tends to be drier
and the body temperature naturally rises." Article by Scripps Howard
News Service

So, there you have it, my contribution for the good of the sport for
this week.

JoAnn