Re: [pct-l] bear canisters on the JMT

Jerry the "geartester" writes:

<< The most I've ever cost them was $148,000.00. >>

"Them" is us, taxpayers, voters, PCT hikers, thanks.

Confrontation with a cop in my town will not only land me in jail, it might
land me in the hospital also.  So I keep my mouth shut and jus' do w'at da
man says!

I vote hard as hell and write letters where I think someone is listening.
Standing on your morals when faced with a baton in the face is the true test
of courage.  Goodluck.

I agree that the regulations mandating bear canisters are a short sighted
decision based upon little experience.  A law is only as good as it is
enforced.  I kind of like Monte's idea of carrying a rist rocket (sling shot)
and zapping any bear that comes near.

I've carried a southern Antagoian, left-handed, inversion, anti-bear whistle.
 I've been using it around my house for years and haven't seen a bear in over
25 years!  It works great!

Greg "Strider" Hummel