Re: [pct-l] hiker harrassment

hikerrob@excite.com writes:

<< came across some postings about hiker harassment by local cops in warner
 springs, lone pine and tahoe, and ive been wondering how common this is. >>

Despite BigHummel's sorta political statement, I have never, NEVER had any
problems in Warner Springs, Lone Pine, Tahoe or anywhere else on the trail.
What you will find out there are trail angels, including sheriffs, park and
forest rangers and anybody else wearing a uniform of some kind, who will do
more for you when you need it than you can ever repay.

Now, I have heard of some incidents in Warner Springs (admittedly not my
favorite resupply spot on the trail) in which a hiker got leaned on for
trespassing on private property.  Well!!!

In short, don't worry about it.  Townspeople along the trail generally
welcome thruhikers.  The amount of pizza we eat, they can make more money
feeding and washing us than they can by hurrying us out of town.

And BH, I too must choose between the slightly lesser of two pathetic choices
this November.