[pct-l] Umbrellas

Does anyone on the list use umbrellas when hiking here in the great
Northwet?  I'm starting a section hike on Tuesday (Snoqualmie to Mt. Hood),
and considering the time of year I assume rain will fall during a large
chunk of the hike.  I found a lightweight, compact umbrella at a Fred Meyer
store that's made by www.shedrain.com.  In the website they have a model
slightly different than the one I bought called the Hiker Featherweight
Umbrella.  I don't yet know the weights of either model, but the Hiker model
comes with a more comfortable handle than the one from Fred Meyer.  After my
hike I will let you know how the umbrella worked, and by then I will have a
weight comparison between the two different umbrellas.

I hope to see at least of few of you at the ALDHA-West Gathering on Sept 29.
If you would like more info on the Gathering, go to
http://gorp.com/nonprof/aldhaw/.

Roger Carpenter
Vancouver, Washington USA

PCT 1996