Re: [pct-l] Back from the trail!

>             Roy Robin wrote---
>
>The next adventure, may I suggest, might bring you to hike the southern
>Calif. deserts in the best time of year, i.e., this fall.  Then, next year,
>you take up the trail again starting north from Crater Lake and doing the
>Eagle Creek trail into Cascade Locks before continuing north on the PCT.
>Lots of side trips since you have the time, and ending with a long look at
>the northern Washington Cascades.  Goat Rocks, Mt. Rainier (puts Mt. Shasta
>in its place!), the Glacier Peak Wilderness, Stehekin, the Pasayten
>Wilderness (and take the time to climb up to the Windy Joe Lookout after
>you've reached Monument 78.)  Some on this list will call us section hikers
>for having taken more than one year to properly enjoy the PCT experience.  I
>prefer the term thruhiker.  Congratulations on your successful PCT hike!

  Yeah Roy I really appreciate the plan you drew up for me!  However next year I'll be trekking across the Alps of Switzerland, France, and Italy for three months.  I am thinking of doing the desert section in 2002 as a training hike for a climb up Mt. McKinley in May of that year.
Thanks for your support.
Cheers
Globetrotter