Re: [pct-l] Windscreens

Marge (the old gal) writes:

<< Because of the dry and hot weather Idaho is still experiencing severe fire
 conditions.  They had implemented a Stage III Fire Restriction Order which
 meant the only stove allowed was a device fueled by liquid propane gas. >>

Hi Marge!  Didn't it seem odd to you that the Powers That Be would allow only
a stove which might explode if used with a "proper" windscreen (according to
some reports on this list) while outlawing alcohol stoves which can be safely
used inside your tent vestibule?  Sorry, just had to ask.

I saw a sign in the Sequoia-Kings Canyon NP's that said, "Only gas stoves may
be used above 10,000 feet".  Did they really mean I couldn't use my alcohol
stove?  Of course not.  They just didn't want you to gather wood for your Zip
Stove. :^)