[pct-l] RE: Washington trails.

Hi Linda, your CRV should take you to some of the best hiking in Washington.
I traveled and hiked the PCT in this area in 1998. There is a 4 wheeler only
road into Packwood Lake. You get to the road via the town of Chehalis and
then the town of Packwood. From Packwood Lake you can take trail 79 up to
the Goat Rocks Wilderness portion of the PCT. You'll be walking the trail
that's on the cover of the PCT guide for Oregon and Washington. The Goat
Rocks Wilderness is a spectacular section of the PCT and your very fortunate
to be within reach of it. Enjoy! I have photos of this section on my Web
site at http://www.cgocable.net/~simontom/pctwashpage1.html