[pct-l] Northern Washington trail conditions?

Any first hand knowledge of trail conditions from snoqualmie to manning
park?
Some conflicting reports from rangers and hikers.  I have ice ax and
crampons, but would rather not carry the weight if not neccessary.
Although I expect some snow, depending on what percentage of the trail is
snow covered, I may decide to re-route my trip.(although I'd rather not)
I'm traveling solo and just want to know what to expect.  The adventure of
this section trail is enough in itself,  without having to spend most of it
slogging through
snow and ice fields and possibly losing the trail.
I plan on starting my hike on august 3rd.
Any info appreciated.   Thanks.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---