[pct-l] trail sprouting

I read an article in Backpacker last year about making sprouts while
backpacking. The writer had a not to ultralight method of doing this. Has
anyone tried this?  We have found that they pack very well if already
sprouted and was twice a day.  On this next trip to Yellowstone we are going
to try sprouting on the trail with the goal of having fresh veg every day.
The challenge is in what to sprout the seeds.  We are going to try those new
zip lock bags with small holes in them...I think this will work marvelously.

Jack (space dawg) Young