[pct-l] Hiking mpd ( miles per Day )

 I look at an average day being 15 miles a day when I plan a trip. Anything
more is just gravy for me. I know many thru-hikers who think 20 is average.
Conditioning, age , weather, and grade are all big players. In Washington,
the Glacier Peak Area can be a grind with 15 being really good for me. Twenty
a day is the top end of my sustainable comfort zone. I plan my food drops to
error on the heavier side. Take eight day worth if hiking seven. Of course
this year in the desert , I overpacked on food as did most other hikers from
the looks of the leftovers at the Post Offices. ( I n the heat , your just
more thirty. Then again , if hiking in cold, you eat more to keep your
furnace going. Good luck.