[pct-l] cuisine challegne

At the risk of being a snob as well as de'classe', I've only been on this
list for awhile and have benefited greatly from it - thanks to all.  I'm
certainly not the hiker that most of you are, but I have one item of
puzzlement.  I'm getting the impression that, like many americans, in the
ultra light crowd hohos, dolly madison and poptarts qualify as food. If
that's true for you please delete this message now and read no further--it's
a waste of your time.

for me though - 'a contraire - I just can't to that.

I cooked sauses through college, eat mostly organics, stay away from glutin
and dairy and don't compromise on the trail.

When in France a few years ago and my plane (air afrique-of course)to Mali
was 12 hours late.  I went to the cute french lady at the air france counter
and she sent me down stairs for a meal.  When I got there a nice bottle of
red and a plate of pate was waiting for me, then came several other fine
cafe type courses...it took me about five minutes but I got the point.
After the simple finale of chocolate and cheese I was glad the flight was
late-amazing!!!! Then I got on the air afrique flight and it started all
over again!!! Hey so what the plane's late-the food it great!!!  VIVA LA
FRANCIAS!  Good food matters cuz life is gonna deal out a yuck day
occasionally and often good food is about the only thing you can control
       so - bon apetite!!!

I'd like to start a thread of cuisine that meets ultra light and desent
gastranomic standards and well as being heathly and easy to cook.

One of our favorites hot water breakfasts is:

dried miso soup mix (with seaweed of course) with dried organic pea soup and
organic brown rice flour (acts like quick cream of rice but cheaper and it
is basicaly the same thing) sometime we mix a little chili flakes and or
garlic in it and of course the BEST OLIVE OIL money can buy....protien,
veggies, clean fat and good fiber--

bon apetite!!!
Jack Young