RE: [pct-l] trail conditions-Snoqualmie to manning?

Ubie,

I am hiking with my granddaughter starting August 8th finishing up the
section from Crystal
Mtn. to Snoqualmie Pass, this is all 6000ft and below, so I am not
anticipating much snow.

the first week in July my daughter and I were scheduled to hike Rainy Pass
to Manning park B.C., after checking with the Ranger station in the North
Cascades we found out the trail was all ice and snow and route finding was
hard and you needed ice axe and crampons.  We did not go cause we were
looking for" Spring Flowers" not ice and snow.  I have since found out this
section holds the snow in spots until mid August.

If I were you I would check the Ranger Stations for the Snoqualmie National
Forest and find out
what the trail is like from Snoqualmie Pass to Stevens Pass and also Stevens
Pass to Rainy Pass, then Check with the North Cascades Ranger station for
the area Rainy Pass to Manning Park.

Good Hiking,     Marge  (the old gal)