[pct-l] 2000 PCT'ers

Jeff Zimmerman writes to me from Donner Summit:
"I'm still hiking with Tony D. (trail mix) seems like old times except with
different people. Swiss Miss and Blue foot are a week or so behind I hope
they catch up, but I'm not sure they will. Ron Mook was in Toulomne meadows
July 4 with his son. UKRay is in Mammoth Lakes with his son. There staying
there for a couple of days. Ray had to see a doctor in Bishop for his hernia,
ray emailed me and told me the doctors advice was to get the hernia taken
care of ASAP. He's thinking about cutting the trail short, leaving the trail
near Lake Tahoe. Its to bad about Ray I really enjoyed hiking with him  and
his company and was hoping he would catch up to us."

Jeff is rehiking the PCT, having done a thru-hike of the AT in 1976 and the
PCT in 1977.  He can be reached via email at: "jeffstrek@pocketmail.com".

Since he is near the front of the thru-hikers he has limited knowledge of
those behind him, but ask him anyway if you care to.

Greg "Strider" Hummel