Re:[pct-l] Coleman Peak I Cobra

There is one thing I've never really understood. Why is the measure of a stove how fast it will boil water? It seems to me that is one of the least important things about a stove. My Dragonfly will boil water like a SOB...mostly because it is wasting most of the btus into the air. Water can absorb btus only so fast. The thing I'm most interested in is how little fuel it will take to boil 2 cups of water and how fuss free is it to use. I want it to be light but I want it to be reasonably hardy and I want to be able to cap it off so I don't have to fiddle with measuring fuel or preheating. In the grand scheme of things does it really matter how long it takes to boil water? If I was in a hurry I'd fly there instead of walking.....=o)

Sign-UP for your FREE Backpacker Email at http://www.backpacker.com/email
P.S. Click here to get a FREE trial issue of BACKPACKER:  http://www.backpacker.com/subs/home.rhtml/I9KF001