[pct-l] RE: pct-l-digest V1 #1185

 With all this talk about tuna can and cat food can alcohol stoves,  I have a simple question.  What kind of alcohol do you recommend for these stoves.  I'm planning on hiking the PCT through the High Sierras this summer and am interested using one a lightweight cat food stove but am not sure what kind of alcohol to use?  Rubbing alcohol?

 My other option is to use a ESBIT solid fuel stove of an MSR Whisperlite stove with white gas.  I'd like to go with the lightest stove and fuel combination.

 Any comments on which stove you prefer using on a multi-week PCT hike is appreciated.

 Thanks,

 Gene.Taylor@pss.Boeing.com

[ *** too many quoted lines.  automatically truncated *** ]