Re: [pct-l] Re: Washington Snow

Glacier Meadows should have plenty of bare patches by July 9. The Blue
Glacier is flat where you will cross it. There are no major crevasses. The
Snow Dome is moderately steep with some big crevasses further up. The summit
block is class 4 and can be climbed without ropes if you have lots of
experience. The three times I climbed Olympus, I didn't use crampons. The
snow can be hard and crusty in the morning but you will post hole by noon.
Expect 30's at Glacier Meadows in the morning.