Re:[pct-l] Heat??

Hi All, learned of this list from hikers who stayed with us. We hosted about
25-30 this season. What a treat, met LOTS of great people!
Well, we may have seen our last thru-hiker for this season today. And it's
been hovering at about 100 deg. for the last couple of weeks here in Green
Valley, CA. The late-starters (as well as those who have been delayed for one
reason or another) seem to be doing OK despite the warm weather. Many are
choosing to sit out the mid-day heat in the shade along the trail till
evening brings some relief in the way of cooler temps and shady canyons.
Night hiking has also been a solution for some.

Joe Anderson
Green Valley,CA