[pct-l] Re: English hiker's dilemna

Jeeter: This is off the top of my head. To figure out the details and
mileage, you'd need a map of the Okanogan NF/Pasaytan Wilderness. The only
thing I can think of it this: Take the North Cascades Highway to the resort
on the west side of Ross Lake. Pay the boat at the resort to take you across
the lake to Hozomeen Campground (right at the Canadian border and only
accessible by road from Canada). Call first to make arrangements, but the
boat does hire out to do this trip. From Hozomeen Campground, take the East
Bank Trail (southbound) -- it intersects with a trail that leads UP UP UP to
the PCT. Then, you'd have to go north a few miles on the PCT to get to the
actual monument marker. The extra hiking from Hozomeen to the border monument
would probably (I'm just guessing) take two days. I don't remember the
mileage or the time -- I could be off. This section North of Rainy Pass is
VERY remote, with hardly any roads.

Karen Berger