[pct-l] asking for a hand

I received the following (slightly edited) from Natasha and Kirsten.

"Hi Jeff, How are you?  We are in near Onyx - at Walker Pass and are
thinking of doing things a
little differently.  Things are going well, but Kris's ankle is slowing
her down a little, so I
was thinking of going to Washington and walking Washington first and
coming back to California
to walk through Oregon together.  Would it be possible for you to do
something for us?  Could
you ask the PCT-L mail list the following:

I am British and cannot re-enter the States if I leave.  So is it
possible to get to or get
back from the PCT Canadian border without going through Canada?  Is
there a road that meets the
PCT in this area?  Please reply to boliviahike@pocketmail.com to two
hikers who are currently
at Walker Pass....If you also have time to check the weather reports for
us
for Onyx through the High Sierra that would be great.  Thanks.  -
Natasha and Kris"

If you have info that will help them make a few decisions, you may
respond to me directly (jeeter@cari.net), to them directly, or to the
list.  Thank you for your help.

Jeff E