[pct-l] Re: Hiker Image

Strider wrote,
> The problem is we don't look like it under the conditions.

And there in lays my biggest argument for wearing a tie on the trail.
Looking at the older pictures of the Sierra men, before the time of high
tech clothing, they were all dressed very well. Pressed slacks, dress
shirts, and bow ties. More than once the motto "It's not how you feel, it's
how you look" has carried me through some very low hiking moments. And who
would think that a hitch-hiker with tucked in collared shirt and tie could
smell so bad - they don't realize until I'm already in the car:>.

To each is to own...

Rusty "MyTie" Johnston
pctresearch@pcthiker.com | Long-distance backpacking research
http://www.pcthiker.com | experience the Pacific Crest Trail