[pct-l] Ultra Light Shoes!

Luigi A. Pavone was granted a patent (#6,009,637) recently for "Helium
Footwear Sole".  "The Helium filled modules as described are simple and
reliable. . .  Within each module are partitions with gaps in the walls.  The
purpose of gaps is to equalize the pressure within the module, so that helium
will be equally distributed within."

I submit this invention into the next ADZPCTKO for the stupidest lightweight
equipment idea category!

I'm surprised that Nike didn't come up with this!

Let's see, a Teva sandal with helium-filled module sole, weighing in at
negative weight.   (Warning!  Place rocks or other equipment on sandals when
not in use as they may rise and be lost to errant winds!)

Ah, and a helium filled sleeping pad, and toothbrush handle and ski pole
handles and umbrella shaft and pot warmer and helium filled toothpaste that
makes you sound like a chipmunk for a bit and a helium fueled cat food can
stove and . . .

We ought to able to shave off at least an ounce or two from Jardine's pack
with this new insight!

Greg "Helium Death Strider" Hummel