Re: [pct-l] PCT Tahoe v. Lassen

jyoung@freefromhunger.org writes:

<<  As a Plan B I was thinking about the Lassen piece from drakesbad ranch
 and just enjoy a loop back through the park. A much less aggressive hike but
 it looks fun. >>

Unfortunately, the PCT routing through Lassen Park could not have been
planned more carefully to avoid any of the beautiful scenery the park has to
offer.  Last year, I stayed on the designated route in hopes of avoiding the
worst of the mosquito population.  Mistake.  Didn't avoid the bugs, just the
scenery.  I recommend taking an alternate route to visit some of the lakes
and other attractions in the eastern part of the park.