[pct-l] Re:Trangia Stove-Homemade alcohol stoves

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000 07:48:57 -0700  &quot;Reynolds, WT&quot; <reynolds@iLAN.com> wrote:
>You are correct that I have not experienced a Trangia. [I use a Primus
>canister stove] All the stoves I observed at ADZPCTKO were homemade.

Sure they were. Home made stoves are much more interesting than something you can just buy. The purpose was to show off innovation. I'm just more interested in boring real world performance.
>2-Cooking of more interesting meals. This saves weight because the tendency
>is to pack good tasting food that is heavy instead of dehydrated or powdered
>food that is light but doesn't taste good.

Smile when you say that, Stranger. I'll put my home dehydrated meals up against most any thing I've eaten anywhere... particularly my spaghetti.....=o)

Jerry

Sign-UP for your FREE Backpacker Email at http://www.backpacker.com/email
P.S. Click here to get a FREE trial issue of BACKPACKER:  http://www.backpacker.com/subs/home.rhtml/I9KF001