[pct-l] New to the list!

Hi my name is Thomas Mason I'm from Newark Delaware.  I started thinking
about taking on the PCT a couple years ago and I'm finaly going to do it.  I
have a bunch of questions but will try and spread them out so as not to bore
anyone.

How does camping along the trail work?  Do I just pull a couple hundred
yards off trail and set up camp?

Would it be crazzy to pack a second pair of boots?  The whole "blow out"
thing scares me I dont wana be a thousand miles out and "poof" I get a flat.

And the last question for the day is....I just got an MSR Dragon Fly and I'm
trying to plan out food/fuel and I've never used this thing...does anyone
know about how many days a fuel tank lasts?