[pct-l] FW: PCT 50 info (So. California) and PCT training runs

Date:    Thu, 27 Apr 2000 11:39:15 -0700
From:    Shawn McDonald <mcdonald@SIGNALPHARM.COM>
Subject: PCT 50 info (So. California) and PCT training runs

Hi all:

We will also host 2 training runs in preparation for the PCT 50.  The
dates are set as July 8 and 22.  Meeting time will be 7 a.m. at the
Boulder Oaks general store, which is on Old Hwy 80, about a
mile east of the Buckman Springs Rd. exit off I-8 (which is
about 60 miles east of the I-5/I-8 junction that is in San Diego).
Bring two water bottles for the runs.  We will stop for water
at campgrounds (1 or 2 stops).  The routes are one-way, either
in the up direction (July 8) or down direction (July 22), 22
miles total.  The 2nd run has the option of adding a short out-back
at the start, making it 25.5 miles.

    For more details on the training runs or race, send me an email
or call me at home in the evenings, (858) 689-2410.  Other race info
such as how to get the entry form is given below.  Hope to see
you on the trail.

   Oh, be forewarned, the training runs and race will most likely
have hot (85-95 F) weather, and only about 20% of the course
has shade.  Also, there are no streams to cool off in this
time of year (they are dry).

Shawn McDonald
mcdonald@signalpharm.com
San Diego