[pct-l] maps

This will probably be a little late for most of the thru-hikers this year,
but I've posted some custom topo maps to my website for hikers to download.
I've been producing a custom set of topographic maps for my thru-hike, which
will include annotations for mile markers from Ben Go's PCT Data Book,
available from the PCT Association, plus campsite, shelter, resupply, Post
Office, and overnight town stop opportunities.  The idea is that I won't
need to carry the Data Book or any guide book pages.  All pertinent
information is on the maps.  I'm producing the map segments, with route
profiles, on disposable 8.5" x 11" sheets.  California Sections A - C are
posted on my site now, and I'll have all the maps through Section G posted
by 25 April.  That's Campo through Mt. Whitney.  The remaining map sections
won't be online until early June.  They're posted in JPEG format, and can be
accessed at http://www.HikerTrash.net/PCTmaps.htm, where you'll find a list
of links to the images. The maps are being produced in 1:50,000 scale, and
are sized to print at approximately 8" x 10.25", at 120dpi. Each map image
is approximately 500KBytes in size.

Looks like I'll be working right up to the day before I fly down to San
Diego.  That's the main reason I'm behind schedule in my map production.
All the last minute rush and stress will just make that first day on the
Trail that much more enjoyable.  Looking forward to seeing everyone at the
KO, or on the Trail.  Later.

"Prehistoric Tony" Nitz
AT97/99, PCT2000
mailto:PT@HikerTrash.net