[pct-l] Adios & Gracias!

Well, the time is here.  I am headed for San Diego and
Mexico in a few days, where at least I'll tap my toe
on one side of the border before I turn north.  Pretty
exciting!

I wanted to thank everyone on this list for being so
generous and thoughtful with their knowledge, opinions
and information.  It has been a real pleasure to be
involved here.

Having hiked the AT before and finding the debate over
which trail is "harder" quite comical, I'm sure that I
myself will be laughing at the gentleness of the PCT
when I first see it and walk upon it.  But then, I
suspect, I will get really thirsty, or maybe
overwhelmingly hot, or maybe the bugs will come out,
and I will stop laughing.  I know this mostly because
of all of the things I've read both here and in other
sources.  So, know that you all together represent a
wonderful and entertaining source of information and
(realistic) inspiration to the home-bound,
office-bound PCT thru-hiker hopeful.

So, I happily disengage myself from the e-world to go
incommunicado.  Well, sort of.  I'll be keeping an
online journal at www.pcthiker.com, many thanks to
Troubadour (PCT99) who has allowed me to post to his
very cool site.  And thanks to Frodo (AT99) who is
transcribing my journal so that I only have to
interact with paper while on the trail, and not a
computer.

Best to all!

Nocona
Houston, TX