[pct-l] Delurking... Preparation and Seiad Valley

I'm delurking after a long time away.  I haven't really been keeping up
with the PCT lately but I did have a couple of things to add.

<< What is the best Pub on the PCT? >>
> All right, you've got my vote for both ....  You want to meet a trail
> angel? Stop in at the Wildwood Inn, just W. of Seiad Valley (where the
> PCT continues N. up the hill (!)), and meet Ashley Regan.  (I've heard
> from others that Ash sometimes visits from another planet but, hey, it's
> northern CA.)

Damn straight!

I didn't get to meet Ashley but I heard a lot of good stories.  Even
before I got there I heard stories about the place from a couple
southbounders.  There was this southbounder with the trail name of the
Unabonger.  He told me that when he was in Seiad Valley, Ashley and his
crew all wanted to go see Johnny Cash in Riverside.  So...Ashley hired
this PCT hiker to run the bar for the night.  The guy said it was great
for it was such a random thing to happen to him, plus he made about $30 in
tips.  Anyway, when I finally got to Seiad Valley I made it a point to go
there.  It was a Saturday night.  The place had a pool table, Battlezone
video game, and best of all...the best damn record collection on the
entire PCT.  Not only did he have Johnny Cash, George Jones, Townes Van
Zandt country records, he also had a bunch of punk albums by the Dead
Kennedys, Wire, Gang of Four, and the Clash!  Now that was great.

Speaking of trail preparation:

To make a long story short, I found a PCT guidebook "The PCT Trailway"
from 1946 and am in the process of making an online version of the book.
I've had the entire book scanned for some time now, just haven't had any
time to make up the website.  It will be done sometime this summer when I
get the new version of the PCT planner online.  Anyway, check this out for
PCT planning:

http://cheese.amz.com/~cg/pg053.jpg
http://cheese.amz.com/~cg/pg054.jpg
http://cheese.amz.com/~cg/pg057.jpg