Re: [pct-l] Ice Axe & Crampon Rental

Ezra,

Most will balk at this proposal I would be so bold as to suggest, due to the
liability if the equipment should somehow fail in a dangerous situation and
you suffer serious consequences.  Look to buy used equipment instead or
borrow (read: no contractual terms = no liability) or buy instep crampons
(cheaper) and carry a light weight ice axe (also cheaper than technical
versions).

My two cents worth, good luck on the hike.  May the weather Gods be with you
and so eliminate the need.

Best regards,

Greg "Strider" Hummel