Re: [pct-l] On the prospects of thruriding

>A couple questions to the equestrian group on the list:
>
>1.  Do you think that the elephant will have an advantage over pack animals
>in that it can carry so much more weight?

An elephant can actually carry these damaging pack animals.

>2.  Do you think that the large feet will actually help the trail condition
>by compacting down all of the dust and ground up material from horses?

Great for negotiating soft snow in early season.

>3.  Is there enough room to get an elephant over Forrester Pass?

Probably not with rider or paniers. Best to dismount and belay.

>4.  Are elephants allowed in or, conversely, specifically excluded from
>national parks?

Legal in all national zoos, for instance Yosemite.

>5.  Will my elephant be required to get off of the trail to allow a pack
>train to pass?

If you are affiliated with a commercial elephant packer operating on federal
permit, then you have the legal right of way under all circumstances.

- Blisterfree, hoofing it