Re: [pct-l] hitching to towns

>>Onethruhiker told me specifically, don't hike into Wrightwood, hitch the
>>highway instead.  Any thoughts?

You might consider bypassing Wrightwood altogether, and instead resupplying
at the motel at the cloverleaf (I-15 crossing). They will accept packages if
the hiker spends a night at their motel. Other amenities are apparently
popping up in this vicinity as well. This location is 1 full day's hike
before the Wrightwood turnoff (Acorn Trail). See the Wilderness Press Y2K
update for Vol 1.

The Acorn Trail does not come highly recommended (steep), and there's still
a fair bit of walking to do once the road is reached. The climb back up may
rank as my most aerobic experience of the PCT.

- Blisterfree