[pct-l] Svea's still Hot

 Don't overlook the Swedish " Hand Grenade ". The Svea was the top stove of
the 60's and 70's on the PCT and AT. The Svea weighes 18 ozs and boil a quart
of water faster than an alcohol boil a pint Of course its heavy compared to a
3oz burner, but time has proven these stoves as durable as a gas stove can be
made. I would pack an alcohol burner to Kennedy Meadows, mail a gas burner
there and use white gas for a month, then go back to the alcohol . Mail white
gas stove to white pass if finishing late. ( Of course Tom's favorite ,
canister stoves are light and work well in all areas of the trail if you can
find canisters or have them sent ) If I'm going into the frozen zones, I take
an ice axe and gas burner. PS  Protein vs Carbs, read up on Lewis and Clarks
1805 trip. Men ate a 9 lb. meat diet day after day. Theres no doubt that a
diet high in protein works fine on long trips. Eskimos also back this thought.