Re: [pct-l] 6 oz. bug bivy

on 3/9/00 8:55 AM, CMountainDave@aol.com at CMountainDave@aol.com wrote:

> Troubadour - never heard of a 6oz. bug bivy- tell us more. - Mountain Dave
> * From the PCT-L |  Need help? http://www.backcountry.net/faq.html  *

The bug bivy is made by Adventure 16. It's mosquito netting that has a
flexible pole that allows the bivy to be erected like a small tent. It
covers from the head to the middle of the body and compacts into a circular
stuff sack (which can be used as a frisbee!). Your sleeping bag covers the
rest of the body below the waist where the bivy doesn't reach.

It's hard to visualize the way it works. I have a photo of it on my website
at this link which will easily give you an idea of how it works:

http://www.pcthiker.com/pages/gearset.html

Troubadour
http://www.pcthiker.com | experience the pacific crest trail