[pct-l] Re: Hello?

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000 John C. Kincheloe" <johnkincheloe@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'll be stopping at Kennedy Meadows and at Lone
> Pine.  Can I wait tell Lone pine to pick up my
> axe or should I grab ita at Kennedy?  I don't use
> poles by the way.

Maybe but most people play it safe and send their ice axes to KM.

> Where are the bugs going to start attacking me?
> Another words do I need to pick up my tent
> immediatly after the high serras or can i wait
> tell Oregon? No I don't subscribe to the drape a
> net over you in your tarp method.

You'll suffer with mosquitos for much of the Sierras. They first attacked
me in Evolution Valley. I walked into the valley calmly enjoying the
scenery and walked out swatting every piece of exposed skin. You can
probably send the tent home again in Sierra City or Belden.

Mosquitos are evil!

-Karl

Karl "Birdman" Brandt PCT97 LT98                       (650) 363-1350
http://www.stanford.edu/~kbrandt/