[pct-l] Foods Prices

Of course, food prices are are relative. Under ten bucks a day for you may be
cheap. I feel 10 dollars per day may still be on the high side for meals. For
five dollars a day, you can purchase your food at a supermarket, then
repackage. ( Food will be heavier but the cost will be half, which will add
up on a 5 month trip)  It's all a choice, lighter=higher price,
heavier=cheaper price. There's no right or wrong answer, it's just a choice.
( Just like I'd like to see everyone carry a 60lb. pack, as many ultra's
would wish each hiker to carry a 20 pack ) Value per food oz., supermarket
wins. We've all met little spoiled rich kids hiking the trail with Dad's gold
card "Just in case". For these guy's, money is nothing. If the sky is the
limit, by all means take the lightest, best food and gear you can purchase.
Olympia is full of Evergreen college students with VW vans and ragwool
sweaters,berkenstock sandels and army pants. They look like they live in a
ditch( and smell) ,but they gas up with with Dad's visa. Cost is high to be a
hippy in todays times. Total cost of 10 dollars a day for MH food would be
1500 dollars for 5 months verses 750.00 for the supermarket food which would
also offer more choice in taste. Choices are Choices!!!!!!!!!!