[pct-l] my two (or three) cents

Greetings again folks!
As crunch time winds down, and the trek is to begin in
less than two months, my brain is working just as hard
as my little feet are with all this training and
planning.
So, as an extreme novice to all of this, I think I am
coming along at this long distance stuff quite well.
I've already shunned the boots, and have opted for a
pair of runners.  I'm getting good at guestimating
fuels by the ounce according to my rice and cous-cous
needs. I've traded my swiss champ knife in for a
classic.  I've tossed the bowl, plate, scrubber and
soap from my cookset, the nalgene adapter from my
filter, nipped dozens of two-ounce items out of my
usual pack weight, all in an attempt to bring down the
weight.   A long way from 8 pounds total, but content
with shaving 7+ off of a 40 pound pack.  I can't wait
for the miles of trail to teach me how to do more!
    Onto business...
   First of all, I have two pieces of new gear that I
can not stop talking about.  Of my favorites, the 15
ounce Ama Dablam rain jacket by The North Face.  At
$380, I couldn't even think about it, but EMS has
sliced it down to $160.  Check it out!  Much arm room.
 Core vents.  Fat, adjustable hood.  And some great
breath-ability.  Next, sock liners!  Stench savers
they are!  At a weight of next to nothing, they've
replaced one set of my two pairs socks!  They can
double as napkins too!
   And I wouldn't be here if I didn't have questions.
Firstly, about the trail and it's hiker through boxes
and their whereabouts.  I realize it's a petty topic,
but it could save me and you several bucks if we could
share items such as fuel, batteries, shampoo and
biodegradable soap and such tiny items that we all
need just a bit of, but are forced to buy the whole
cheyboygan.  Can we coordinate their locations?  Are
they at the registers, hotels, POs, fire stations,
public sites?    If it's worth replying on, please do.
   I'm also working on a bag liners and materials.  I
know silk is tried and true, but what about others?
Taffeta?  Lycra?
   Anybody tested that tiny (4-6 ounce) in line filter
by Safe-Water?  Whaddayathink?
   What photon light is the brightest (I hope you say
yellow)?
   Who's gonna pack the barbeque into the ADZPCTKO?
   How do I tie my shoe?
   And what does PCT stand for?
     Thanks for reading and I am keen to meet you all
on the trail
  -  Newbie Luke