Re: [pct-l] towns again

In a message dated Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:00:15 AM Eastern Standard Time, Jim Owen <jimandginnyo@juno.com> writes:

> Third, pros and cons of Mojave vs Tehachapi>

This is pretty much a toss.  I know in Mojave, everything is a few blocks away with the Supermarket, being the longest walk, about a half mile away.  Even if you don't stay at Whites Motel they'll shuttle you back to the trail for a small fee (free if you stay).

I heard the PO in Tehachapi is way out of town.  However, it appeared most resupplied there.

<and Onxy vs Kernville?

Onyx has a small store that has what you'll need to get to Kennedy Meadows and much more than the Town Guide lets on. I think it was under new management last year.  The PO is right there and if need be some camped across from the store.  There's a shuttle from Onyx to Lake Isabella (perhaps Kernville) area for a dollar, with bigger stores, campgrounds and motels.  >

Sly