RE: [pct-l] Fuel Tests

Lee ask? Are you planning on using any 90% Isopropyl Alcohol in your fuel
testing? <<

The alcohol I'm using is the standard off the self variety. So far I've
completed most of the test except for a few with the tablets. I'm not sure
I'm going to get around to testing the Snowpeak. I've scaled back some of my
test simply because I'm not a testing house here. My main goal was to
determine the effectiveness of the different fuel combinations over a range
of environments. Basically I didn't want any surprises on the trail.

I've been side tracked by making a new hip belt for my pack. My test hikes
the last couple weeks convinced me to beef up the suspension. That's done so
hopefully I'll finish up the fuel test tonight and write up the results.

Pack Weight vs Body Weight

I didn't make anymore comments on pack weight because I've exhausted
everything I have to say on the subject. I would like to say that I don't
think calculating pack weight as a percentage of body weight is a good idea.
If I were use that method it would be based on 10% body fat and not your
current weight. Unfortunately for many of us, that would mean we couldn't
carry a pack at all. Since we're already carrying our allotted pack weight
in the form of fat.

For me, it means I'll carry less food in the first few weeks as consume my
reservoir first.

Ron "Fallingwater" Moak
PCT 2000 Journey - http://www.fallingwater.com/pct2000