Re: [pct-l] Not the days of the pioneers anymore

At 8:03 AM -0800 2/14/2000, Stephen Stoddard wrote:
>> A-men! What is this nonsense? However, if you are a real died-in-the-wool
>> you can go to Alaska and still get some acreage to live off the land on!
>
>How can I get land in Alaska?

My data comes from PBS. They had a special that indicated
160 acre plots from the governement were still available for
homesteading and/or mining. I do not recall which. Anyway
it seems to meet the criteria for living off the land.

There are also those "ads" for government land..but be careful
there have been some big scams in Alaska such as the supposed
Arnold Palmer  (??) golf course that was nothing but hot-air.

Rich