Re: [pct-l] Esbit stove for two

In a message dated 2/7/00 6:15:35 PM Pacific Standard Time, ReadM@sprynet.com
writes:

<< I have only hiked the southern half of the trail but on that part it works
well to simply carry 2 or 3 tabs for special situations and make a small
cooking fire the rest of the time. >>

Of course, we all carry a fire permit, right? ... And even with a fire
permit, places where one can legally build a fire ("yellow-stake" sites,
existing fire rings in established campgrounds, etc.) are still few and far
between. Then, there's the problem of "wood gathering." Generally, that's not
allowed either in southern CA.

Your best bet is to be self-sufficient and carry ALL the fuel tabs you might
need for your trip.

"Hike Responsibly,"
Charlie