Re: [pct-l] down or synthetic bags?

I have a question about down bags. How does one clean them? Do you have to
have them dry cleaned or other such method?

In addition to reasons already posted, one of the reasons I use a synthetic
is that it's easy to clean. Just pop it in a front loader on gentle.

On a thru-hike being able to wash a sleeping bag is really a great pleasure!
As you know it can get quite stinky putting one's filthy body into it night
after night. Do folks carrying down bags forgo getting them cleaned on long
distance hikes?

Troubadour
http://www.pcthiker.com | experience the pacific crest trail