No Subject

I will be hiking along the PCT this year starting
the end of April.  I'm taking a class next week
on self arresting and glacier hiking, and I'm
confident in my ability to deal with the cold and
snowpacked.  What worries me is the conditions of
the desert.  I was wondering if anyone had advice
to shed in my direction.  Things such as how to
stay cool and the best way to carry water etc.
Thanks for any and all help.
Ps. I pack light but I'm not by any means a
lightweight hiker.

Kinch
(Signfield AT98')