Fw: [pct-l] Re: energy foods/bars

I have forwarded Bumblefist"s receipe for Logan Bread, because I REALLY
liked this for breakfast, and sometimes ate it for lunch, and never tired
of it (unlike the energy bars).  I keep it in my freezer, until using it.
It is still as good as the day I made it a year ago.  It is dense, and has
very little moist(it gets baked out), and keeps its structural integrity.
The first time I used a lot of honey,( per receipe) and the second time I
ran out and substituted and It not quite as good.

I used a combination of cardamon and allspice (just a little) for flavor,
and scored the bars before putting them in the oven.  I used about half
whole wheat flour and half corn meal  so I was getting whole grain
nutrition.

Blessed be the name of Bumblefist( and where is he anyway?)
Goforth

----------

--
> 	2-3 cups honey + molasses
>      4 eggs (optional, include if you want to boost fat content; if you
> exclude, substitute 1 tbsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water to make paste per
egg
> omitted)
>      2 cups vegtable oil
>      1 cup melted butter or margarine
>      10-15 cups flour stuffs (any combination of white, whole wheat,
cornmeal,
> soy fluor, etc.)
>      dried fruit
>      nuts
>      2 cups brown sugar
>      2 tsp salt
>      3 cups milk
>
> Mix all liquid ingredients and eggs (or water and cornstarch if you are
not
> using eggs). Then mix in dry ingrediants. If batter is to wet (runny) add
> more flour stuffs until batter is thick and sticks together very well.
> Alternatively, if all the dry ingrediants do not mix in, add more
liquids,
> specifically milk and honey.
>
> Once you have a very thick, tough to stir batter, pour (or rather push)
it

*